Learn About the Different Types of Tube Caps
When a product is designed, it must fulfill the purpose for which it was made for and must be easy and handy. One such thing is a tube. Now when we talk about tube caps, we have seen them in a variety of shapes and sizes. They are meant to keep the tube guarded and prevent the pressure building inside the tube.
There are different types of tube caps that you must know about before purchasing.
Types of Tube Caps
There are no specific names for the types of tube caps, but are generally found in these ranges:
- Some tube caps are resistant to cracking and splitting. They provide you the same flexibility of a tube cap, but are also tough enough to resist the puncture.
- There are also lightweight tube caps that offer you a good grip and increased protection as compared to the other standard tube caps. They have a thicker base which is ideal for mostly all the applications.
- The most popular and common types of tube caps are closed end tube caps that resist any kind of foreign matter be it dirt or dust from entering into tubes either during transit or storage. In many cases, you may be worried about the pollutants entering the tube, so close end tube caps are the best solutions for you.
- There are also heavy duty tube caps available for you on the market that will offer you an added protection for threaded and un-threaded tube ends and also a high resistance from dirt and other pollutants from entering the tube at the time of shipment or storage.
- When we talk about tube caps, the latest members of the family are open end tube caps. They fulfill the purpose of protecting the external tube thread ends.
Tube Finishing Plugs
The purpose of finishing plugs is to provide an attractive and pleasant finish for the steel tubes applications. They can be used for any applications whether it is in offices or home. Those unique fins found on the tube offer a tight fit for all the tube finishing plugs that makes them hard to accidently remove.
The most common types of tube finishing plugs are flat finished, but you can also switch to other tubing plugs for a unique finish. There are various sizes for a tube caps like square tube caps, round caps or rectangular tube caps.
You can choose a tube cap or tube finishing plugs according to your choice and purpose. However, it is very important that you go for quality products that offer safety and strength.