A Complete House Cleaning Checklist [Updated 2022]
Do you know what’s the right way to clean your house? How are professionals so perfect at cleaning, and completing their tasks on time? What should be included in the cleaning checklist?
Wait, and take a deep breath! This guide is your savior to knowing the who, when, and what to do to get a sparkling clean house. With us, you can keep your home clutter-free without any stress.
To help you organize things better, homeessential.co.nz have compiled a comprehensive house-cleaning checklist by determining the task frequency. It’s a complete checklist that includes tasks to be completed on a daily, weekend, monthly to yearly basis.
Check below our step-by-step house cleaning checklist that’ll help cleanse your house and mind more efficiently.
Daily Cleaning Checklist:
- Make your bed
- Dusting on hard surfaces.
- Wipe off the stovetop, kitchen cabinets & countertops.
- Squeegee the shower walls
- Rinse the bathroom sink
- Put toys into a basket
- Organize your living room.
- Empty coffee grounds into garbage or Compost.
- Laundry( if required).
Weekly Cleaning Checklist
- Clean & disinfect Toilets
- Scrub your bathroom Tiles.
- Scrub & clean showers and tubs
- Disinfect the Shower Curtain.
- Squeegee shower walls
- Clean & disinfect wastebaskets
- Clean all the Mirrors in your house
- Change your bedsheets, and pillow covers.
- Disinfect doorknobs, light switches, and TV remotes
- Dust ceiling fans and vents
- Dust Moldings
- Dust Windows
- Clean the kitchen Cabinets Inside out
- Scrub the Stovetop
- Throw away expired food
- Vacuum floors and furniture
- Wipe Down your microwave/ toaster, and all appliances.
- Clean Pet Bowls
- Disinfect Sponges
Monthly/ Bi-Monthly Cleaning Checklist
- Vacuum Vents
- Polish stainless steel appliances
- Clean refrigerator & freezer
- Descale the coffee maker & wash the french press.
- Wipe down the patio surfaces and furniture
- Thoroughly clean your leather furniture
- Clean your blinds
- Vacuum drapes & fabric shades
- Dust & clean light fixtures & fans
- Wipe down your baseboards
- Shake out the mats & rugs
- Scrub & clean grout.
Seasonal Cleaning ( Required throughout the Year)
- Rake leaves (fall and spring)
- Dust all plants
- Replace AC filters
- Clean range hood & filters
- Deep fridge & freezer cleaning.
- Throw away all the broken & expired products
- Dishwasher cleaning
- Clean Laundry machine with empty load & detergent
- Wash shower curtain liner
- Wipe down baseboards
- vacuum & deodorize the mattress
- Wash pillows and comforter
- Clean, disinfect & sanitize the drains
- Drain & store hoses (fall)
- Clear out gutters (fall and spring)
Yearly Cleaning Checklist
- Scrub & Clean the chimney & fireplace ( Before or after winter)
- Carpet Cleaning
- Mattress Cleaning
- Upholstery Cleaning
- Curtains & Drapes Cleaning
- Clean the Pantry Shelves
- Purge the pantry
- Clean behind all the electric appliances (fridge, stove, microwave, washing machine)
- Gently Scrub & Clean walls
- Clean & deodorize air ducts (every one or two years)
- Clean the area around the vents & dryer.
- Clean all your rugs, mats
Don’t forget to bookmark this house cleaning checklist guide for future reference. It’s no less than a knowledgeable cleaning partner that will help you maintain and clean your house. The benefit of following this cleaning checklist is that you can easily tackle these evenly distributed cleaning tasks on time without any frustration. You’ll see a noticeable difference in your home and a euphoric feeling of crossing the completed task off your checklist.