Does Your Kitchen Need a New Look? Let’s See What We Can Do With These 10 Great Ideas
The Kitchen is an integral part of every home and we all want it to be elegant and modern with all the sophistication and luxury for making cooking and for socializing with friends and family an enjoyable experience. If you are all set to design your new kitchen but do not know where to start from, we have tips and ideas to give your kitchen a fresh and new look.
- Redesign Your Kitchen Worktops: When it comes to choosing stone, laminated or wood kitchen worktops, it is always advisable to invest in quartz, granite or ultra-compact surfaces such as porcelain and ceramics. Though laminates are budget friendly, granite, quartz and/or porcelain worktops will make a huge difference in long term investments. With options like Silestone Blanco Zeus Extreme, Caesarstone 4141 Misty Carrera and Compac Carrara quartz available in the UK market, they are sure to add value to your kitchen. They not only give you the ultimate cooking experience, but are also resistant to bacteria, heat, water, etching and stains. Reliable brands are usually made in Europe, and will offer manufacturers’ warranty when it comes to faults and defects on the material.
- Reinvent and Renovate your Kitchen Units and Cabinets: Redesigning and changing your kitchen cabinets go a long way in shaping up your new space. This is a very challenging task indeed as you will have to take into account the space, cost and the appearance while designing them. Newly launched cabinet designs take into account reduced spaces and come with hidden compartments that are invisible or imperceptible when it comes to keeping a kitchen clean and tidy yet comfortable to work on.
- Invest in Powerful Appliances: It is always recommended to invest wisely in kitchen appliances. Ensure that they are safe to use, designed with the latest technology features and are safe on your electricity bills and on the environment. A cheap downdraft extractor may look great although it may not be able to carry out the task is intended to with great performance. It is also advisable to purchase appliances of established brands as it will make it easier to find parts and accessories, should these be required in the future.
- Elegant and Trendy Faucets and Sinks: Always invest in faucets and sinks, which are intricately designed and uplift the beauty of your kitchen. Remember to buy the faucet first and then the sink that can accommodate it.This way, your kitchen renovation will be easy and cost effective. You can either choose hands-free faucets or pull-down faucets.
- Adequate and Bright Lighting: Designers always advise layering different lighting types in your kitchen to make it bright and shine. You can choose a combination of track lighting for ambient lighting, task lighting for areas above the kitchen island and under cabinets, decorative lightings like chandeliers and accent lightings to lighten and brighten up your kitchen.
- Polished Flooring: When it comes to designing the flooring for the kitchen, you will come across several different options such as laminate, vinyl, stone or hardwood to choose from. Before you finalize the flooring for your kitchen, do remember that it should be resistant to water, stains and humidity.
- Use Knobs and Pulls: When investing in the right cabinet designs, please ensure you also include pulls and knobs so these can help having a nice finish, making your kitchen trendy. This also makes the cabinets easy to use and durable.
- Redesign the Kitchen Furniture: Use the kitchen space smartly by re-designing the kitchen furniture to suit your requirements. Investing in the right furniture quality and design is the key to having a timeless and amazing kitchen.
- Invest in Kitchen Storage: Your kitchen should be free from clutter and other mess that can make it look shabby. Investing in spacious kitchen storage is a smart way of putting back unused or sparingly used objects in the storage.
- Take Care of the splashback: Think and invest smartly in the splashback as it is very important for your kitchen by avoiding stains and spillages going into newly painted walls. Design the colour palettes and patterns to suit the kitchen’s look and appearance. And it is recommended to order an extra piece, in case you would want to replace or repair the broken parts in future.
With the market having a vast array of choices when it comes to branded stone like Compac Unique Calacatta and Silestone Eternal Statuario for the kitchen worktops and kitchen splashbacks, kitchen design and renovation has been made as simple, effective and easy.