CREATING AN IDEAL SPACE WITH EXQUISITE LIVING ROOM AND HOMEWARE PIECES
When one moves into a new house, the desire is usually to make it homely and make sure it has an inviting appeal when you get back home after a long day’s job and when you have guests over. Turning a house into a home is not a very easy task. People who are also redecorating also find the task of turning a house into a home uneasy. But with proper guide, you can achieve the home of your dreams. The first thing to do when redecorating or doing a new décor is to choose a general theme. The theme you choose should fit the style of your house. For example, a city apartment should make use of a modern design them, for a cottage house, a nautical theme will be ideal. Once you have done this, start your décor room by room.
Interior design has so much power. The right selection of homewares will yield fantastic results while the wrong selection will pull the room apart.
Homewares are those extra decorative pieces that you use to make your home stand out. There are some homewares that are impossible to do without such as;
- Cushion; this is also referred to as throw pillows. They are usually placed on sofas. They give more life and beauty to the chair.
- Wall clock; I can’t have a list of must-have homewares without including this. This is one of the most important of them all. Beautifully designed wall clocks are available online.
- Canister; porcelain canisters are elegant and sophisticated. They can be used for various different things.
- Artificial rubber plant; this will be a great addition to your home décor. Artificial plants make your home have a natural look and feel.
- Wall art print; this makes the atmosphere of the room calm and warm especially when the colors used in the artwork is cool.
- Wall shelves; they come in different sizes and are perfect for beautifying your walls and making them less boring.
The living room should not be one to take for granted since it’s most times always the first place one enters in the apartment.
Whatever style of décor you choose, there are furniture pieces that you must use in the living room and they are;
- Sofa; I am pretty sure no one wants to have guests over and have them sit on the floor. Sofas are really important; they are furniture pieces that you can never do without.
- Coffee table; they are used as center tables most times and placed on top the center rug. A living room is not complete without them. There is a wide range of coffee table collection that you can choose from available on the market.
- Entertainment unit; this is obviously a must-have as the living room is the center of entertainment for guests. Entertainment units come in different sizes and designs.
Your home is your escape from all of the hustle and bustle of life; you can have the home of your dreams if you put a little effort to it.