5 Convincing Reasons to Switch from Wooden Windows to UPVC Windows
UPVC doors and windows have been gaining popularity in the recent times. uPVC, which is an abbreviation for un-plasticized poly vinyl chloride, is a material that is widely used for designing doors, pipes and windows. An important factor in using uPVC is the process of wrapping up the doors and windows in galvanized steel. The use of galvanized steel will make the uPVC stronger and firmer.
While the wooden windows and doors are easily affected by climatic changes and other substances, uPVC stays protected from the changing climate and other external factors. This makes it much durable and long lasting without repair works. For a home, which is designed with modern amenities, uPVC is a must to give you long lasting doors and windows.
If you are yet to decide between wooden and uPVC materials for your doors and windows, take a look at some of the benefits, which uPVC will give you.
- They are very strong and much more resistant than the traditional wooden doors and windows to the changing climate and external elements, which affect the doors and windows very easily. They also remain intact and firm in shape even in damp weather conditions. They are waterproof and remain in shape even after being exposed to different weather conditions.
- They require minimum maintenance effort and cost. They are very easy to maintain and clean when compared to wooden doors and windows. uPVC is resistant to corrosion, which makes them last longer. They are very easy to fix and dismantle, with minimum effort.
- uPVC doors and windows provide high level of insulation against the outside noise. This keeps your home calm, quiet and oblivious of the outside noise and vehicle horns. They also keep you protected from the wind and dust entering from outside. Having better insulating properties than wood, they are also very environmental friendly. What’s more? uPVC material is also resistant to fire and heat.
- Comprising of a strong layer of galvanized steel, uPVC doors and windows are much stronger and difficult to be broken by intruders when compared to wooden doors and windows. Most of the uPVC windows and doors are anti-crowbar. With advanced and complex lock systems, they ensure that your home is safe and protected from all the uninvited intruders trying to gain access to your home.
- uPVC doors and windows can be opened two ways, thus providing natural cross ventilation. Owing to its strong, resistant nature, and durability, uPVC windows dealers provide guarantee to their customers on the installation. They come in eclectic designs and colours and are affordable involving less investment when compared to the wooden equivalents.
With better features, strength, durability and resistance capabilities, uPVC is ruling the market of doors and windows. With a wide range of designs and colours, uPVC will definitely be an ideal choice for all your door and window needs.